The Direct tv channel guide isn’t the only place where you can find food channels and cooking recipes. And today, we’re going to talk about Creme Brulee!
Creme Brulee is one of the greatest French desserts and the most identifiable. You can also make it yourself – though it is quite challenging. So, if you have about four hours to kill and a drive to make something delicious, then you’ve come to the right place.
First, let’s talk about what you’ll need:
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 2 quarts hot water
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup vanilla sugar
- 1 medium saucepan
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 whisk
- 6 ramekins
- 1 roasting pan
- 1 blow torch
Here’s what you do:
1. You’re going to want to split and scrape that vanilla bean.
2. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Add the cream and vanilla bean into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
4. When this happens, remove it from the heat and let it sit (covered) for 15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes, remove the vanilla bean, but keep it for later.
6. Whisk together the sugar and egg yolks in a medium bowl until it’s all evenly mixed. Add the cream but not all at once – little by little.
7. Pour the liquid into 6 ramekins and place the ramekins in a roasting pot.
8. Pour the hot water into the roasting pot until the level is about halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Now you’re going to want to bake these for about 45 minutes.
9. Now remove the ramekins and refrigerate them for two hours.
10. Now you remove the creme brulee and evenly distribute the sugar atop each. If you want to get real fancy, you can take a blow torch and brown that sugar.